How to File Change of Address for International Move

Are you planning to move to a new place? The first thing you are expected to do is to inform your friends, colleagues and all concerned people about your move. Likewise, you should also inform the people who keep sending us mail. If you fail to update the new address, then there are high chances to miss some important mail. Especially, if you are moving to other countries, then you should inform about this shift to the concerned authorities by writing them letters, make a call or through online. Due to the advancement in the technology and busy life, people prefer making this change online. The following passage will give you insights about the various process of Change of Address and what are the steps to raise a request for an International move?

Read through this article to know more about a change of mailing address for the US Postal Service international address move and how to do it. This article will also give insight into the process of doing this COA and its limitations. The steps of domestic address change and international address change is unique. Hence, the USPS is dealing with the process of both the moves separately.

Can I file a Request Online for International Change of Address?

The Change of address can be done in two methods one is the online mode, and another is the offline mode. The online option of filing the request is applicable only for the domestic move, and this cannot be done for the International move, so you cannot file the Change of address for international address request through online. Both the processes are not tedious and can be done with least effort. For International COA you have only one option that is to visit the local post office.

SEE ALSO:  Authorize Someone to Pick up or Schedule USPS Mail and Packages

Filing a Change of Address for International Move:

change international mailing addressAs mentioned above, the only option for International Change of Address is visiting the local post office in person. To know more about how to file a change of address for the USPS international address move and process of an International COA, read the below steps.

  • First, you should visit your local post office, and there you should request for the PS Form 3575.
  • Fill the form thoroughly and submit it. You should fill it completely, answering all the required details which are present in the Change of Address form.
  • In case, if you have already shifted to the new country and wish to file the COA from the US to your present country, then it has to be done through your new country postal service administrator.
  • If you are not able to fill out the form as you have already shifted, then you should write a letter to the US Postal Service and to your new Postal Service. In the letter, you need to explain the complete scenario in detail.
  • Additionally, you should also specify that from when and how you want your packages to be forwarded to you.

Note: You need to contact the postal administrator of the foreign country if you are changing the address from another country to the U.S.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.