US Postal Service offers several facilities and services to its customer. At many times, you would be eager to know the status of your shipment after mailing or wonder whether the parcel has reached its destination or not. USPS strives hard to satisfy its customer needs. So, they came up with a solution for this issue. It is called USPS tracking service. This facility is available by default for most of the mail-classes. The Postal Service lets its users locate their shipment and get updated about the shipment status. Some people do not have much understanding of the tracking status and wonder what does this mean.
People don’t know the meaning of IN-TRANSIT and the other statuses. So, this article is written with an intention to clarify all the customer’s doubts regarding IN-TRANSIT and other tracking updates meanings.
IN-TRANSIT is one of the processing stages which means that the parcel is on the way to the delivery. When you place your order, USPS starts processing it. If the package is on its way to the delivery, then we can say that your package is in transit to destination.
Below passage will explain more about the different USPS tracking status or updates.
USPS Tracking Updates/Status Meanings:
You will be able to see several stages of the progress bar as you visit the tracking page of USPS. Every stage of the progress bar will give you an idea about the status of your shipment. The different stages of the progress bar are as follows:
- PRE-SHIPMENT: Pre-Shipment is the first stage of the progress bar. If a customer sees this as the status update on the tracking page, then it implies that till now the postal service has only received the information of your package or shipment, and has not started its shipping process.
- ACCEPTED: Accepted is the second stage of the progress bar. This status implies that your package or shipment has been accepted by the USPS in person.
- IN-TRANSIT: As mentioned above, In-Transit is the third stage of the Progress. If you see this as the status when you visit the USPS tracking page, then it implies that the mail package or shipment is now on its way to the destination or the item is currently in transit to the destination. Now, you would have understood exactly what does in transit mean.
- ALERT: ALERT is a status that appears on the progress bar when there is an issue in the process of the mail or package. This status shows that there seems to be a problem that is leading to the delay in the delivery of the shipment or the mail item. To know more about the issue, call the customer care at 1-800-ASK-USPS. By doing this, you will be able to know about the issue in detail along with the latest update of your shipment.
- Status Not Available: Sometimes, this status alert can also pop up on your screen which implies that the tracking number you entered may be incorrect, or there is no update on your package. You must enter the correct tracking number and try once again.
- DELIVERED: It’s the status you want to see. It appears when the shipment is delivered successfully. You will also see the first initial and the last name of the person who received the shipment if you chose signature confirmation (an add-on service) or used Priority Mail Express service.
- In Case of Multiple Tracking Numbers: If you enter multiple tracking numbers, then you will see the following updates. If you want to know the update of each shipment, then you may click on the “+” sign.
These are the different updates while tracking any shipment. Now, you will easily understand the meaning of any of these progress bars.