Nowadays, you have several options to send a letter or document from one place to another. All credit goes to the technology advancement. In the recent years, if we have to send some important file or document to someone, then we send it through e-mail, WhatsApp, or Facebook because it’s easy to do so and saves our time, but you should know that it’s not hundred percent reliable. There are several security threats in using these options. Your account can be easily hacked, or your documents are vulnerable to theft. If the material is less important, you can prefer any medium for sending them, but if they are essential or confidential, then you can’t rely on any other medium. Your only option should be postal service. Not only for the confidential documents, but postal service can also be used for sending and receiving daily use of things and items as well, but what if you want your mail or package to be delivered on weekends?
You should know whether your postal service delivers mail on Saturdays and Sundays or not. If you want to know about the Saturday delivery, then you should read our article on USPS Saturday delivery where you will get the detailed information about the USPS on Saturdays. Here, we’ll find out “does USPS deliver on Sundays?” So, let’s start:
Does Mail Come on Sunday?
Yes, Mail comes on Sunday. The United States Postal Service works and runs seven days a week, 365 days a year, but not all types of mail and packages are delivered on Sundays. There are few limitations when it comes to Sunday Mail Delivery. If you want to know about those limitations, then keep reading the article.
USPS Sunday Delivery:
Post office Sunday delivery is not new. USPS is delivering the mail items for a long time. However, there are certain things that you should keep in your mind. USPS delivers on Sunday, but only the Amazon packages and the packages that are sent through Priority Mail Express service are delivered on Sundays.
- Priority Mail Express: Priority Mail Express service is one of the fastest and best services offered by USPS. If you send a parcel through USPS, it will take around 1 or 2 days to get delivered. Some salient features of this service are:
- Provides service for 365 days a year including public holidays
- Majority of the addresses in the US can enjoy this service
- Offers the money back guarantee
- If you want to know more, then read more about this service on our site.
- Amazon Packages: Delivering Amazon packages on Sundays is something new with USPS. This service was not available in the earlier days. USPS started delivering Amazon packages after they signed a deal in November 2013. In the starting days, USPS delivered the packages in metropolitan areas of New York and Los Angeles. Later, they extended their service areas, and now they deliver to almost every address in the US. When we are discussing the Amazon package delivery, you may come up with a question, “ is this facility only for Amazon prime account holders?” So, the answer is No! Every customer who orders his/her product from Amazon can enjoy this facility. However, Amazon Prime customers have one advantage, they can place their order on Friday evening and expect their delivery on Sunday.
Now, as you know that USPS or post offices deliver only Amazon packages and packages sent through the Priority Mail Express service, you should send your critical mails or packages through Priority Mail Express service only. USPS ships only these two types of mail and packages on Sunday. If you have a question that who else delivers packages on Sunday, then let us tell you that UPS, DHL, FedEx, and few more big companies offer Sunday delivery to their customers. They all have a special service that runs 7 days a week and 365 days a year just like the Priority Mail Express. You may also go with those shipping companies, but they charge a high amount as compared to USPS. At last, the choice is yours.
So, all this was about USPS or Post Office Sunday delivery, and if you have any more question regarding the same, then leave a comment below.